The Media Foundation for West Africa, a regional Free Expression Rights and Media Development Advocacy Organisation is seeking an ideal candidate to fill the position of Digital Communication Campaigns Officer, for a six-month contract. The position holder will be based at the organisation’s head office in Accra.
• Excellent written communication skills with previous experience of news and advocacy report writing for media publications;
• Knowledge and previous experience in web content management systems, and digital communications tools such as infographics including knowledge in use of content enhancement softwares;
• Excellent writing and proof-reading skills are a must;
• Experience working on campaigns and understanding of campaign (especially online) strategies is desired;
• Ability to work under pressure while meeting tight deadlines.
Some of the key responsibilities for the incumbent will be the following:
• Write, edit and produce appropriate content for the organisation’s website, social media pages (facebook, twitter, youtube) and monthly newsletter
• Propose and work on digital communication initiatives with the support of colleagues
• Recognise, and work on website development needs for effective online communication with the organisation’s audiences
Apply for the position by sending cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Closing date for applications Tuesday, October 20, 2013. Selected candidate will start work from November 1, 2013.